Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Oh Cookies, The Journey Goes On

Well its the start of another week.  Well it should have been yesterday, however, I ended up with heat exhaustion or a heat stroke from Sunday. To rewind, I ran errands all day Saturday, then laid by the pool with mom. After some nice R & R, I hit the gym.  I didnt want to go but I knew I would feel better after I went so I did.  Out of blue I felt like weighing myself. ANOTHER 3 POUNDS! YAY! I was so excited I put in an extra hard workout and felt great. After hanging out with family and friends I decided it was time for me to crash.

Sunday I got up and had my turkey bacon, green tea, and multi-grain waffle. Im really beginning to enjoy this breakfast I get once a week :)  I then hit the courts to play some tennis with a friend.  It felt great being out there and playing. I was sweating like crazy, which if you know me, I sweat .... all the time. After that it was time to hit the pool to cool off. Once thing I didn't realize was even though I wasn't sweating and enjoying the pool, I was not hydrating as much as I was sweating. I decided to leave family dinner early because I was tired.  I didn't get my Sunday nap, so nothing out of the ordinary.  That's until I got home and starting having hot and cold sweats on top of dry heaving and a massive headache.  Mom and Brian did some digging and voila- heat exhaustion.

Unfortunately I woke up Monday even worse. I couldn't even move. Luckily I was able to stay home, sleep, and hydrate all day. I slept more yesterday that I have in months. Which is really shocking, but damn did I need rest.

I head back to work today and hit it hard. The end of the month is coming and being out yesterday I had work to do. Slowly through the day I was feeling better and still riding out of the high of my three pounds. That was until I got to the gym. LOL Just kidding.

I was excited to work out again. Its finally showing all my hard work. Brian, my trainer, was so nice to fit me on Tuesday instead of Monday. Damn that sucked, and was intense. Between squats, sit-ups, push ups and ball drops I was DONE. Can't focus on the negatives because I wont go back.  So some positives. I made it through 4 minutes of squats, thighs burning like hell. Lol. Sit ups. Now if you follow my blog you will remember my rant a couple weeks ago about not being able to do situps and it was something I was pissed about.  Yeah that's right, made it through 4 minutes of sit ups!  I was excited to see that improvement, even though my abs pretty much hate me right now.  Push ups I made it through and then finally the ball drops. That ball got so heavy over the 4 minutes I wanted to cry. I did it. I made it through.

One thing I can always count on is having a unique workout each time I go.  The other aspect that I love is that I am constantly working out all parts of my body, regardless of the fact that I can barely move them now.

Oh well, no pain no gain or in my case no loss. Time to cook some dinner, shower, and hang out with Pax until I fall asleep which I predict is not far in my future.

Thanks for reading and coming along this journey with me.

Oh yeah- weight update. I am at 218.  In January I was 239 and Saturday I was 218.  I have lost 15 pounds since I started this blog in June and have been working with Brian. 65 pounds total to go.  However there is one more exciting thing in the 218. I am 18 pounds from breaking 200. I have not weighed below 200 pounds since the 5th grade. 18 more pounds until my first big hurdle... I cannot wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment